Auto Insurance Information
Learn More About Auto Insurance From Our Team in Westerville, OH
Get an Instant Auto Insurance Quote from Branch Insurance!!!
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.
It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
The differences between cheap car insurance, State Minimum Liability Insurance ($25,000 per person, $50,000 Per Accident and $25,000 for Property Damage in Ohio), and reputable comprehensive car insurance are the choices that consumers must navigate and ultimately decide on depending on their needs and finances.
Auto insurance provides property, liability, and medical coverage to your auto :
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
ask your agent
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Independent Agents can search a wide variety of car insurance companies as apposed to captive or direct insurance agents
When looking for auto insurance here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the auto insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
If you would like to learn more about your auto insurance coverage options, contact us today to speak with an agent. Our independent insurance agency provides affordable auto insurance solutions to clients in Westerville, New Albany, and the Greater Columbus area.
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.